3.25.2010

When anxiety invites itself in...


I sing it away with songs of praise to God... and that's the truth.

Unfornately my anxiety/depression symptoms have been washing over me like a nasty wet blanket. The only thing that has ever helped me has been God...unlike medicine, He doesn't cover up my problem..He gets rid of it! @_@ So I've been getting through the days much better than a week or so ago. I picked up this book called "Finding Peace for Your Heart"...and it's REALLY good. The writer had a horrible childhood and growing up she had really bad anxiety/depression. This lady had a really bad past...from getting into the occult, trying MANY religions, to taking drugs and having more than one abortion with different men... Now she's a very beautiful lady when a husband who she has been happily married with for 18 years, two kids and two dogs. :D In her book she gives you steps on how she defeated anxiety/depression with the power of God's healing and deliverance. Many people think once you become a Christian all your problems go away, that's not true.... It means when you pray and are obedient (You can't just live your life however you want and expect God to answer your prayers...it doesn't work that way >___> We can't be spoiled brats..); God hears you and helps you through the problems. Some problems can be avoided too because you gain knowledge and wisdom by reading the Bible... I noticed I have more peace after reading the Bible. Some people..it takes a little bit more. Everyone is different though but this book touches many angles! n___n From the way I think to the way another person may approach certain feelings or problems.

-breathes- BUT YAH. Sorry about that, I just really like this book. The feeling of peace and happiness is great...and I mean REAL happiness, not happiness that happens when you think about cool things... It's the one that makes you smile because you're alive and feel great.

^~^
I may not fit in with most of society these days, or fit in with 'the crowd' but that means I'm following God...because most of the world is not. :( AH well, as long as I feel happy...I don't really care where I fit. Or what people think of me O___O; My 21st birthday being a big example. I'm turning 21 right? Going to drink and get drunk right? Wrong. I don't drink and I don't plan on getting drunk...! I'm just going to have pizza and soda at a pizza place...with my friends! I love my friends. ^________________^ (AND I MISS ALL OF THEM D:)



I think I'll go now. I need my rest. Love you all~

-
Sheik

No comments:

Post a Comment